Please follow I love my crafty friends

Sunday, 17 November 2013

Shabby Chic Altered Paint Brush

Hi peeps well I have for you today this Altered Paintbrush 
I Altered this when I went on my crafty break it was a project I was suppose to do before I went but decided to take some of the projects I wanted to either start or complete on my getaway


This is the only pic of it at the moment and when I get some good light I will take some more
so I did a lot of painting and crackling of the paintbrush before I was happy with it. 
I painted it with white gesso then mode podge then black paint then I added more white and then crackle it it works better with pva but didnt have any with me after I then added some frantage embossing powder all of the handle to give a very worn look.

For the bristles I added gesso again but loads of it once it was dry I then used some pink spritz sprays and then added small gems all over the painted bristles.
For the handle it was a case of adding lots of shabby flowers and lace with lots of bling and lace trim I then made a stick pin to match with a dangle as well I love how this turned out I hope you like it to 

I will add more pics


2 comments:

Rina said...

Ohhh girl!!! I love this...sent hubby to get me a paint brush last night and he called and said $11.00.... I said Id wait and hit the dollar store. This is so beautiful!!!

Rina

Sandra H said...

Aww this is stunning x