Please follow I love my crafty friends

Saturday, 1 December 2012

LIve and Love Crafts GDT memory box

Hi Happy 1st of December I am very proud today as I was asked by Sandra from 
Live and Love Crafts
to be a guest designer for the month of December how wonderful is that
for this challenge the theme is

Anything but a Card


I made a memory box I love how it turned out 
I used and old glossy box (i have loads of them lol)
I painted the box with white Acrylic gesso then added tea dye TH ink on the edges of the box and lid, I then added TH crackle paint which also spread the ink about once I had dried it I added some sealer to made the finish stronger.
I used a gorg image from Marianne D Designs cuttables
I distressed the papers, added some box fold satin ribbon around the image and then some string beads I put the picture on top of a vintage cotton doily.
Down the left side of the box lid I have added some vintage lace and then some trim with a organza bow with a rhinestone spacer and cream bead from the Ribbon girl.
I then add a key which I shabbied up with some white acrylic paint and a little rub of inka gold.
The plaster key plate was also painted and rubbed with a smidg of inka gold.
the flowers are a mixture of wild orchid crafts and petaloo flowers.
the dragon fly I made myself I also made the pin as well.
to finish off I added a pearl flower from live and love crafts
and metals leaves and lacy metal flower


I added some lace and gold trim with some flat back pearls to the lid of the box

and for the bottom I added more gold trim and metal corners with some wild orchid crafts flowers then a small metal key hole
I also decorated the inside of the box and used lace trim to finish off and then some gold trim to the top edge of the box and just for a bit of vintage finish I added a brass key on a cream tassel 
so there we go I hope you like my creation.
pop along to the challenge over at Live and Love Crafts and see the talented DT members creations and to join in the fab challenge

11 comments:

Mihaela said...

Stunning creation!!!

Caroline said...

WOW this is stunning I love how you've decorated the box. Caroline xxx

Sol said...

Gorgeous Details.. Fantastic ribbons used... And the flowers are just Fantastic together... Beautiful ribbon around the image too! :o)

Vicky said...

Wow Wendy....this is so beautiful hun...and loving all the wee elements too sweetie...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Tracie Dean said...

New follower! I love this altered box you created. The flowers are so gorgeous and your details are so amazing.

I also looked at a few of your amazing pin cushions. So glad you have a tutorial.

Look forward to seeing more.
Happy Crafting
Tracie
http://homeofthepurskey.blogspot.com

Laney said...

WOW!! absolutely stunning Wendy!!
hugs
laney

Sandra H said...

Hi Wendy, Your talent is really showing through this wonderful creation its so beautiful x

Sandra Mathis said...

Hi Wendy,
This creation is AMAZING; so beautifully decorated. I love the flowers, the beautiful image, the laces, the trims, the pearls and all the vintage decos. Thank you so very much for guest designing for LLC this month; we are thrilled to have you!!!

Hugz,
Sandy

Lorraine said...

This is just beautiful Wendy love it. xx

Mona Eidhammer said...

OMG!!! I`m truly honured i get to work with you at KKKK. Your creations are true masterpieces. Welcome to our team. Hugs...Mona

Judy said...

This is just stunning, and I'm absolutely amazed everytime I stop by to see what you've been up to.

xo
Judy