Please follow I love my crafty friends

Wednesday, 15 August 2012

Whimsy challenge Lots of Layers

Hi my gorgeous crafty bloggers I hope you are all well this midweek 
I took my Toby to see Ice Age continental Drift I should have booked the tickets but though naaaa it will be fine and we ended up sat in the front row in the left hand corner in the worse seats ever blaaaa!!! 
I made sure toby could see ok and he didnt mind bless him the movie was very funny and he loved it and the McDonald's after, anyway with out further ado it is Wednesday today and we have another challenge over at Whimsy Stamps Challenge
the theme this week is 
LOTS OF LAYERS


Here is my card using the fab image from the last release called Pretty Petals by Stampart by Designs at Whimsy Stamps.
I coloured with copics then covered the petals and leaves with stickles for a love bling look 
Because our theme its lots of layers I didnt want it to be pattern heavy so went for embossing folders ans some pattern it sort of ended up mono to lol but hey I added an orange pin and gems to match the papers
I used a whimsy stamp, Stamp Sentiment there is also a die to go with the stamp which I have but I couldn't for the life of me find it but I will say it is fab
The die and stamp can be found on whimsy stamps the stamps is by Rainbow Echo designs ans the die is a whimsy shapeology die.
The embossing folders are swiss dots and tided together
the ribbon is from my stash
sorry the recipe for this card is not more descriptive but I have a really bad head and sore throat

Also don't forget our Whimsy challenges are monthly now rather than two weekly so this challenge ends on the 11 of September at 17:00hrs
pop along to the blog and check out my fellow teamie's creations 
and if you want to be a guest DT then just make sure you use a whimsy image to be eligible 


8 comments:

Mihaela said...

So beautiful card, love the colors!!!

Sandra H said...

Hi Wendy, Your card is so beautiful l like the brightness of the flowers and the backing papers also your stitching Yellow was one of my favourite colours and you have combined it beautifully with ribbon and backing papers its truly beautiful as always xx

Marilyn said...

This card is drop dead gorgeous Wendy... love the layers, stitching and image and that one patterned piece of paper just makes it all pop.

StampArt Design by Kathryne said...

Beautiful card, Wendy. The colours are lovely- so pretty with the yellows. Love the stitching - it really adds a nice touch. Pretty sparkles too! Hope you feel better soon! xx Kathy

Vicky said...

Beautiful Wendy...and I love the stitching too hun :o)

big hugs Vicky xx

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card Wendy, love the adorable image.
luv
Debby

Lorraine said...

Hi Wendy your card is beautiful the colours are so bright and happy. Hugs xx

Juls said...

Hi Wendy

I have been M.I.A in blogland recently, and now doing a major catch up to see how everyone is getting on, hopefully life is settling into a more normal rountine now&I can get back to visiting more regularly again. I have loved having a good look round your blog to check out all I have missed, your colouring is always so amazing! truley inspirational work!! Hugs Juls