Please follow I love my crafty friends

Thursday, 12 July 2012

LOTV fairy and some colouring tips

Hi folks hope the week is going ok for you I am off to look for a new car today not sure what to get but it needs to be one I can get in ok cause I have no kneecaps lol so it cant be to low down I have a Qashai at them mo which I like so might look for something similar
So lets get to the business of why I am here lol to show you another card I have made
The papers are from HOTP flower pad
the pins I made my self
flowers from Mulberry crafts 
lace my stash
pearl beads good old ebay
Ribbon from the ribbon girl 
pink crystal bead the range, it had bit of pink felt around it but it was to tacky so I cut it off lol
leaf punch Martha Stewart


So today I have used a cute Lili of the valley stamp and I have coloured with copics but with minimal colours and my colourerless blender. To show you how if you don't have a big collection yet or are buying on a budget you can still get good results.
My advice to anyone starting out with copics its to buy skin tones first and a few paler colours as they are easier to blend with fewer pens than darker ones and a must is your blender pen
So with the leaves I used one green copic and a blender pen
the dress, wings, shoes, socks and flowers with one pink colour and the blender pen
the hair with one brown copic and you guessed it a blender pen and I went around the image with a light blue copic. I used the pen to pen technic to give different depths of colour in order to give a blended feel 
pen to pen means you take a lighter colour to a darker colour to make a mid colour. so with the dress  I used my blender as my brush  and used my pink as my colour hope this makes sense. This means you can still get a blended look but with only two or one pens depending on what you have till you build up your collection. I am a sad compulsive crafter and have all the other alcohol markers on the scene and this can be done with anyone of the, I am just greedy lol.
For the skin I wouldn't scrimp on when buying your first pens I normally use E000 E00 E21 E11 and R20 for pink cheeks with R30 to blend it in. There are various other combos for skin like E000 E00 E01 it all depends on how light or dark you want the face.
The other thing I could not do without it my marker chart this is fab for when you are buying your pens as you can see which ones you have already.  I forgot how many repeats I bought when I was starting my collection when I didnt have a chart. I also use it for matching colours with papers and for picking colours that are going to blend well together once you get more practice have little swatch book to to put in your fav colour blends hey nothing like being an organised crafter. I have added some blank colour charts or links as to where you can get them, for copics, promarkers fleximarkers and spectrum Noir feel free to snag them on my Tutorial page there is also a new Distress inks post as well which I will also add resources as a when I make or find some.

so hope you found this post helpful and you also like my card 



5 comments:

Rina said...

Absolutely adorable! You do amazing work, just beyond lovely...

Thanks for the tips ;) For the most part crafters are so generous with the information they share and I for one appreciate a crafter who open;y shares their tips to help others learn and improve their work!
Thanks Wendy...

Rina

Sandra H said...

Hi Wendy, Wow thank you for the tip l only have a few coloured copics and tones and the tip about the blender is brilliant as l can see what you have done using it .....your image is coloured so beautifully and with less colours as you say and the flowers are just gorgeous as are your hand made pins everything about this Wendy is stunning and a lot of detail to which you have created such a beautiful card totally gorgeous:)x

scrappyjen said...

Gorgeous work. Great image and lovely embellishments. jenx

Anonymous said...

Simply stunning. Hugs Sheila.x

Anonymous said...

Simply stunning. Hugs Sheila.x