Please follow I love my crafty friends

Monday, 25 June 2012

La la land and face Contouring

Today I want to show you a card I made at the weekend 
I used this fab image from La La Land because I wanted to show you about face contouring when you colour with copics



This image doe'snt actually come with the white part of the eyes in black lines, but I wanted to give her a more contoured face so when colouring the face with copics didnt colour completely around the eyes but left some white I then did shadowing with the using E000 E00, E21, E11 around the eyes and by the nose this gives the face less of a flat look I then added some Blue just around the black of the eye gently with tip of copic marker I will do a tut for you in the next couple of weeks to show it better I have used this method of most of the stamps I use now I love the way it makes the face look more 3d'ish what a good word lol.
The papers I used are from HOTP Floral pad
Dies are magnolia Doohickey vine, magnolia leaf, and memory box small corner 
The image is matted with a spellbinders die
The flowers are from Mulberry Crafts and the ribbon is from the Range.
I added some white pearl drops around the picture. A tip for you when adding pearl drops when you put them on your card you end up with a bit of a peak, but if you gently flick the back of the card they will lose the peak don't do it to hard or they will either splat or end up on the wall lol just gently. 

So I hope you like my card for today 

I have entered this card in La la Lands Blog June Gallery
Love to create Challenge Blog .... Anything Goes
Make it Monday ... Anything Goes
Critter Sketch Challenge Blog .... Photo inspiration

16 comments:

Loz said...

Hi. I saw this Beautiful card on Make-it-Monday..Loz

Joann Burton said...

Wonderful card Wendy. I love the colors. Thanks for joining us this week at Tammy's Scrapin Corner. joann sassy raggedy

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous sweet card.
luv
Debby

marion said...

Wow, your card is awesome !! Love the colouring on your image and love your embelishments, it's a delight to my eyes. Thanks so much for joining us at Critter Challenge blog and good luck. Hugs, Marion

Shirley-anne said...

hello Wendy .Wonderful colouring and thanks for handy tips .
Love the background too for this pretty little image . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

Tammy Ortiz said...

So Very cute. I love the coloring on this image.
Thanks for Entering the Challenge
At Tammy's Scrapin Corner.
I hope to see you enter next week!!
Hugs Owner Tammy Ortiz

Sharla said...

Beautiful card Wendy! I love your explanation of shading faces, I need to work on that and will look forward to your tut!

Thanks for playing with us over at Critter Challenge Blog! :)

Tammy Ortiz said...

Oh Wendy
This is so adorable. I just love this cute image

Sandra H said...

Oh Wendy, l have to agree with all of the above your card is gorgeous and so beautifully coloured too and to add the whites on her eyes are stunning!! What lovely coloures used and that beautiful die and corner punch flowers background papers and ribbon just add to a perfect finish its totally stunning:)x

Lozzapops said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create x

Crafty and Green said...

Stunning!! This is beautiful!! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create Anything Goes Challenge!! Please Come back & play with us again really soon!!

Many Blessings,
Tina

kavitha said...

Stunning card,love the details..thanks for joining us at love to create this week

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Totally awesome colouring Wendy, your whole card is simply divine!

Followed your link from MIM. I'm 73, 81 & 83 this week (so far!). I'd love it if you to stop by and comment on your favourite one.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Georgia Ehrmann said...

I love how you have contoured her face. Simply a beautiful creation! Everything is beautiful together! Thank you for playing our "photo Inspiration" challenge this week at Critter Sketch.
Hugs,
Georgia
CS DT

sgc said...

Cute as can be! Thanks for playing in the Critter Sketch Challenge.

Karen C said...

Hopping around Make It Monday for some fun layout inspiration - saw yours and knew it was what I was looking for! This is so sweet!
Hugs,
Karen C
www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com