Please follow I love my crafty friends

Thursday, 28 June 2012

Distress marker colouring

Hi my crafty friends hope you week is going ok
I am nearly at 300 followers how cool is that wonder who my 300th blogger will be.
I have had a bit of a clean out of my blog to as piccasa was not letting me upload any photo's due to reaching my limit didnt know I had one lol so I deleted any post 2010 2011 not sure if this was the right thing to do but didnt see any other way of being able get more storage without having to pay for it grrrr.
Anyway on to my card for today


I used this really fab image from Whimsy Stamps by Wee stamps and firstly I am a very happy bunny in my journey in practicing colouring with distress inks and markers, as I coloured this image with my distress markers. Firstly although I was using water colouring paper it was just not blending so I bought some different paper from amazon which I might add is very expensive but very thick this made a hole lot of difference, also instead of colouring directly onto the paper with my markers I put my marker onto a laminated sheet and added it with a brush to the paper this has made a hole lot of difference to my end result I was very pleased with myself  this turned out more subtle colour I loved the end result.
I added some glitter to the wings just for that little bit of bling.
The DP is from HOTP floral pad.
The butterflys are a Martha Stewart punch.
The flowers are from Mulberry Crafts.
The ribbon and lace are from my stash.
with some pearl and gold gems to finish, I also used cream cotton in a zigzag patteren on my machine and the sentiment is from LOTV
So there you go hope you like my distress marker colouring as much as I am happy with it lol 
thank you for look and all your lovely comments


3 comments:

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card Wendy, adorable image.
luv
Debby

Dragonlady said...

Really cute and fab colouring.

Hugs Ali x

Sandra H said...

Wendy, Your card is stunning!! your distress colouring is perfect and the image is so adorable, fabulous layout and beautiful embellishments and sentiment another of your beautiful creations Wendy,:)x