Please follow I love my crafty friends

Monday, 7 May 2012

Maggie card and storage idea

Hope you are all having a restful Bank Holiday so today as promised I have made a card with the last image I distress coloured 

so hope you like the end results
  The DP is magnolia which has been stitched with my machine the image has been cut out with circle spellbinders and then one of my new Cherry Lynne dies Called Sophie's Heart you cant see all of it which is a shame as it is lush but anyway the bit you can see is lush to lol. The heart dies are also Cherry Lynne also a new addition to my crafty stash the hanging charm and pearls I made and the flowers are a mixture of mulberry crafts and my stash I used a Cherry Lynne vine and the leaves are a woodware leaf punch.
I also added some white gauze behind the image and a pearl heart to the cherry lynne heart and across the top of the image,so hope you like.
 Lastly
I also wanted to show you my version of what I use instead of a clip it up for storing my stamps, I do have a clip it up and it is fab and would like another one but you are talking nearly £100 pounds for a double tower
so I did a bit of hunting and came up with this 

 This is in fact a shoe rack I got from Amazon for 16.99 and bought some bags of clip it up clips from ebay 3 bags of 25 cost me about £18.00 it comes with a solid base so it wont fall over and the clip it up clips fit perfectly I haven't filled it yet but I will do lol. the only thing you will need to do is to add some no nails strong glue to the underside of each layer by the rubber support or when you add your stamps the 3 baskets will slip down if you just add it to the small rubber rings under each basket it will still rotate. You still have the baskets to store what ever you want in.  As you can just see I have some clip it up stamp storage on my wall to the left but also have a bar with hooks on it which holds my whimsy stamps which I got from Ikea.
so I hope you like my little share of my crafty storage idea



4 comments:

shampylou30 said...

your card is stunning and i love the distressed colouring your storage idea is fantastic only trouble is i dont have nearly as many stamps as you yet but give me time sue xxxx

Vicky said...

Just stunning Wendy...and I really love the storage idea for the stamps too..Mmmmmm...got to get my brain thinking...lol..!

big hugs Vicky xx

Jayne A said...

Fabulous card. I ma have to pinch that storage idea.

hugs
Jayne
x

Klare said...

wow!!! what a beautiful card love it love it love it. beautifully coloured, and went staight to look for one of those cherry lynn sophia heart dies. (best start saving my pennies to get 1 great colour palett too.
klare
:O)
x