Please follow I love my crafty friends

Thursday, 26 April 2012

Whimsy Mag Cards

Before I get to my card I want to admit to needing to stop buying stamps lol,  I was in my craft shed tonight I wanted to give another go at colouring with distress inks, I had  bought the harry potter magnolia wizard stamp earlier today so wanted to play. Anyway I was looking around my craft room and I found the whole set of a lili of the valley stamps that's a full release set lots of stamps and 4 magnolia stamps I totally forgot I bought they where tucked away in a craft bag if I had not gone there they would have been there for ages, I nearly bought some of them today again, how bad is that not only do I have stamps I have even inked yet I am forgetting ones I have bought I was very happy I found them it was like buying them all over again lol. Please tell me I am not the only one that has forgot about stamps they have bought.
I was also very naughty this week and bought the new Craft Dragon impress cant wait for it to arrive
I think I need to sit on my hands for a while.
Anyway on to my Card.

 I would like to show you a card for the Whimsy inspiration online magazine and omg this mag is stunning full to the brim with fab projects and tutorials and the cards are stunning so I have 2 cards to show you one I made and one my 8yr old made he also did a tutorial to go with his card I think he needs his own craft room lol.

any way here is the mag


Sorry the pic is small but if I make it bigger is goes all foggy 
click on the pic it should take you straight to mag 

 So this is the card I made with the fab Elizabeth bell stamp from Whimsys Lemon Pepper one of my most fav stamps 

Colouring meduim Copic pens
The die is a memory box die
 DP is Tim Holtz shabby chic
Ribbon from the Range
flowers from Mulberrys crafts
Sentiment from Whimsy stamps I heart you 2 and die
Woodware leaf punch
Brown card for matting

I hope you like, I am on page 47 of the mag and you must look at the other fab cards to they are gorg.

Now on to the  second card now this card is very special because it was made by my 8yr old son Toby
and I think he did an amazing job if you check out the mag he is in the kids Section along with a Tutorial of him making the card.


He picked all the papers himself from Limited additions up up and away paper pad 
matted with brown card flowers and ribbon from my stash and the leaves are a woodware punch.
he coloured the image with my promarkers (I just couldnt face him using my copics lol) don't you think he did a fab job he coloured the image so well 
Well done Toby 
pop over to the mag to see his tutorial 

well there we go for today pop back tomorrow for my CSAYL project.




1 comment:

Sandra H said...

Hi Wendy, So beautiful are both cards:)x