Please follow I love my crafty friends

Friday, 13 April 2012

CSAYL Photo card or photo holder challenge

Hi a well its Friday nearly the end of the school hols back to the early mornings boo hoo. Anyway today we have a fab challenge over at CSAYL
the theme this week is to use a Photo on your card or make a Photo holder
I decided to make the photo holder and put a card in it lol


So for this project I used an old picture frame then I added Mr Tim H's Picket fence crackle paint dried it with my heat gun cause I am an impatient chick and dont like watching paint dry. Then I added a coat of clear crackle paint just to seal it again using heat gun to speed up the drying I then had to dig out my c
Christmas trimmings box to find some lovely Xmas embellies' I found these little xmas trees ans the metal snowflakes and joy I got these from QVC years ago I am a bit of a craft horder lol.
the reindeer was but out on my cricut I added a little lace under the Joy embellies you can use this frame for a picture of course but I just added a card for fun.

I will admit this theme took me out of my confort zone of my normal cute cards I am not very good at altered art stuff either but I was happy with the end result and its good to challenge your crafty self 
so pop along to CSAYL to join in the fab challenge and see the other girls fab creations
and leave some love




2 comments:

Patty Chalas said...

Your photo holder is perfect very cute love the combination of colors you used.
thanks

Linda Walsh said...

Wendy, this is an awesome frame. I wouldn't have been able to wait either. Love the heat gun when I need to speed up the drying. Cute reindeer!