Please follow I love my crafty friends

Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Whimsy Stamps inspiration Card Monochromatic

Hi all today I am bring you an inspiration Wednesday card for Whimsy Stamps the theme for their challenge this week is Monochromatic, now when I normally do this type of card I normally do the usual black and white
but today i decided to use white and a different colour which was purple I hope this looks ok I was went for a more simple look 

The image I used is called Loopy Heart by Moon Cookie Gallery at Whimsy Stamps and is available here 

I had a play with this image in word and although I didn't change anything about the image due to copyright I wouldn't do that anyway, but I changed it to a negative image and fill with the soft purple so the image printed out with the image in white the background purple I sort of found it while trying to figure out how to change the back ground of a clear image white so it doesn't print out the pixels lol. Any way once I had printed it out I just added some highlights so it wasn't so flat I used a white, a very light lilac and a med purple Prisma pencils and blended them together a little I love the effect I do hope you can see it ok.

I used an embossing folder to make the background but used the inverted side A bow from the ribbon girl was added along with a pearl pin again from the ribbon girl and the flowers are from mulberry crafts, The lacy  scrim which is lush in the flesh is white with bits of glitter in it and is from Paper Arts.  The Sentiment is from Cuddly buddly which I matted onto matching card


I also added a few sparkly gems I coloured with a purple copic.

To finish I just want to show you what I had delivered this week 

They are lush don't you think the whole set of Prisma pencils
sorry about my feet lol I should of cropped them out lol but I was to excited 

Right girls there you go pop over to Whimsy Challenge blog to take a look of my other teammates fab cards


8 comments:

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card Wendy,love what you have done with the image.xxx

jo said...

Lovely, lovely card!Fab image and embellies.
Jo x

Vicky said...

Beautiful Wendy...and I NEED those pencils..lol...

have fun with them hun...I'm green with envy...lol..

big hugs Vicky xx

Sandra said...

Oh wow thoses pencils look ready to be useds!! gorgeous card:) Sandra H

Eskimo Frosting said...

Wow beautiful card and I have to say I am so jealous of you. I am in the process of throwing a tantrum because I need those pencils!!!!!!

Hugs
Jayne
x

Marlies said...

A beautiful, elegant card Wendy! Those pencils look realy great! hugs, Marlies

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card. I am in envy of the pencils wow, I have a birthday coming up must hint on to hubby. XX

laney said...

Stunning card Wendy!!
ooh I need those pencils too!!LOL!!
hugs
laney