Please follow I love my crafty friends

Saturday, 10 December 2011

I tried something new

I dont have a card for you today but while I have been watching X-factor I wanted to have a play trying to colour with pencils and Kraft paper I have done 2 images one magnolia and one wee stamp I will make them into cards but just wanted to show you what I have been playing with tonight (ooh that sounds naughty) lol

so her is the first one I did one of the lovely christmas release magnolia's

This image has been coloured with polychromos pencils which are oil based pencils you can also use prisma pencils which are wax based pencils it will give the same effect.
To colour this way it is all about lots of layers, first before putting down your shadow layers I didn't use any blending solution but blended with the pencils themselves that's why you need lots of layers in order to get the shading layer to move I think this is called burnishing. I am quite happy how they turned out it did take a bit of a while to do it but that was more to do with me not really sure on what where the best colours to use as so used to colouring with copics this method is a little different.

The second image is a Wee stamp 

I used pinks on this one and did the grounding a bit different

so there you go hope you like. I have used polychromo pencils before but more for adding shading to copics with a blending solution and stumps. I will make them into cards and blog them.


6 comments:

sara said...

they are gorgeous wendy i love colouring on kraft im sure you will do lots more now you've had a go
hugs sara x x x

Daniele said...

so sweet Wendy
hugs

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

These are adorable, your colouring is fantastic, beautiful work
Lindsay xx

shells-crafts said...

these are gorgeous wendy. what is kraft paper?

Vicky said...

These are gorgeous hun I use prisma's but they both give pretty much the same effect. I love pencils on kraft I think it looks fantastic.....I did try markers but it doesnt give the same effect I dont think.....you can really build up a lot more with pencils & I love LOVE LOVE the white pencil effect on kraft lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Fleur said...

They look gorgeous Wendy, Thanks for your lovely comment recently, I really appreciated it.
BIG HUGZ Fleur xXx