Please follow I love my crafty friends

Monday, 5 December 2011

Christmas Magnolia

Hi crafty chicks hope your preperations for the festive season are going ok.  I went to watch my Toby's school play tonight called Hozanna Rock he played a donkey in the stable where baby Jesus was born, well we can't all be Joesph lol, he did very well and sang his little heart out bless him, we got him sauage and chips from the chippie after and he was allowed to eat it in bed watch a video so he was one happy bunny lol bless.
I am sat here posting this in bed watching a re-run of  Christmas with the Royle Family, makes our family Christmases look normal but very funny, I am hoping the Christmas spirit is going to kick in but not yet. 
Anyway onto my card for tonight I am having to post so late because it is taking a bit longer to make my cards due to my hand still healing and I had a big commission to do that needed to be posted, so had to get it done. I finished it today so will post it off tomorrow but wanted to make a card just because I fancied it, so wanted to blog it before I went to sleep, might find a christmasey film to fall asleep to like Muppets Christmas Carol or National Lampoons Christmas Vacantion, or maybe something else lol anyway I digress, the card I have made tonight it the image I used for the picture tutorial I did on my tuts page for colouring in reds I have finally ' used it to make a card, to be honest I am not sure about how it turned out it wasnt quite how I had it picture in my mind it sort of fell together I am always a bit skeptical when I make a card this way I normally have an idea in my head. Do you know I go to sleep some times with card layouts in my head  and ideas floating around does that make me a true addicted crafter maybe I need therapy.


For this card I used one of the new Maggies from this Christmases collection I coloured her with copics and the Design paper is also from Magnolia I distressed the edge and mounted onto some red card, then stitched round with white cotton.  I then ran a piece of Kraft paper through my crimper and added some Snowflex and some stickles around the edge.  All the snowflakes have also been die cut with Marianne dies and Snowflex and stickles added. I added a string of hanging beads on top of the crimped paper but its a bit hard to see them in the picture.

side view

 Mash up of image

I added a string of diamonte's to the top left corner and a star charm to the sentiment which is from Whimsy Stamps I love the matching dies and sentiments they do they are fab,  the flowers are from Mulberry Crafts and the ribbon is from Bee Habby.


Mash up two 

I added a beaded hat pin to the ribbon.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges

15 comments:

sarah-Jane said...

Super Christmas card. I love your colouring and all the pretty embellishments.
Sarah-Jane xx

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card sweetie loving the lush image & I love all the embellishments, love the star, the ribbon.....I could go on & on lol.
I've started watching crimbo films to get me in the spirit a bit.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Cheryl said...

What an adorable card! Thanks for taking the challenge at Kaboodle Doodles!

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Fabulous Magnolia Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ Bundle Up for Winter Outside Challenge!

Kath
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz at http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Eskimo Frosting said...

Cute Christmas card. Tilda looks very festive.

Jayne
x

Tracey T said...

Fabulous card in perfect Christmassy colours! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

Pamela said...

Beautiful card Wendy beautifully coloured, love all the embellishments. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Pam x

Marjorie said...

What a beautiful card hun, gorgeous ribbon and such a sweet image..loving all the flowers and bling..it's so girly..just lovely!
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx
Saw this on MIM so glad I came for a closer look!
xx

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Wendy

What a totally fabulous card so pretty. Love your mush up images too!

Thanks so much for sharing it with us this week over at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck.

Tina

CardArTart said...

Ohhh La, so much bling and prettyness with the flowers and that Star ornament hanging down is to die for! lol saw you at mim.

Shirley-anne said...

Wow stunning card , so many elements to enjoy .love all the bling .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday
Shirley-Anne

Carla said...

wow! this is such a beautiful work of art! Love the TIlda and all the fabulous details you added! Thanks so much for joining us at So Artful!

Abi said...

Stunning card hon, beautifully embellised too! Thanks so much for playing along with Sweet Stampin x

sweetpea said...

I love this christmas Magnolia card. The colours and flowers are beautiful. I saw your card on MIM.
Jan :)x

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous card and love the wonderful embellishment details. Thank you so much for joining us at Magnolia-licious Challenge :o)
Hugs,
Cabio