Please follow I love my crafty friends

Sunday, 27 November 2011

A Magnolia Christmas

Hi all happy Sunday Crafter's today I have decided to make up one of my magnolia christmas images I coloured before I had my hand done I did quite a bit of colouring before just in case lol so here it is.


For this card I used one of the fab new magnolia stamps I got from Sparkle Dreams, I colour'ed her with my copics in green colours don't normally do such a bright green but wanted to give it a go. I cut her out with a round nestie and mounted onto a scolloped nestie in light green core'dinations whitewash. To be honest this picture doesn't to this card justice it looks so much better in the flesh, but had to take photo with my ott lights they are fab but my craft house is painted all pink so always gives my cards a pink hue, which I have to try and get rid of.
The snowflake I cut out with a nestie die ironworks in Kraft paper it was a bit of a play as I then painted it with picket fence crackle paint but think I put to much on I put a second coat of clear crackle paint and added a very fine sprinkle of glitter but it just doesn't show the effect well in the picture boo hoo I did the same for the magnolia die leaves, I did to but put a little less paint on it will have to keep playing I am waiting for my Snowtex to get here then might get a better result. I wanted them to have a snowy look.


I love this image if I had a little girl she would have had long hair like this, don't think any of my 5 boys would like to grow their's just so I can play with it lol just not going to happen.

I stitched all around the card and used magnolia Design papers I folded the top left corner and added a pearl brad attatched to a charm I also added a little stickles to the corner of the card and 3 pearl studs. The flowers are from my stash which I sprayed with glimmer mist and glammour dust. I added the magnolia die leaves and a pearl spray the any way there you go hope you like.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges

Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge ... Vintage or Distressed I went for Distressed
Sweet Stampin Challenge Blog ... use punches or dies (I used Dies)
Magnolia Down Under Challenges ... Snow (on my leaves and snowflake)
Inspire me Fridays ... Anything goes




10 comments:

LaJanette said...

OH such a beauty! I love the colors!! It is just awesome with all its bits and details.

Hope your hand is healing well:0)

Hugs;
Janette

Hazel said...

This is so pretty - delightfully gorgeous - thank you for joining in my CHNC challenge 48 - hope to see you again soon. x

Kitika said...

So charming Tilda, love your colors.

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card Wendy!! I love all the pretty details and your colouring of Tilda is fantastic! I hope your hand is healing well.
hugs, Marlies

Eskimo Frosting said...

Beautiful card. Love the colours.

Jayne
x

mixamatoasties said...

Lovely card.

Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin this week.

Susan x

Tracey T said...

A beautiful card! Love the colour and the Christmassy details! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

This is stunning, gorgeous colours, beautiful image and so many intricate details, the curled back paper looks brilliant but I love everything about this one, really beautiful design
Lindsay xx

Dora said...

Wow this is gorgeous, love the colours and the beauitful flowers.. really elegant. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week. Good luck xx

Jane said...

Oh this is gorgeous! love the turqoise and white colour theme and gorgeous flower detail! thanks for joining us at MDUC, hugs, Jane x