Please follow I love my crafty friends

Wednesday, 23 November 2011

Hi all card and quick update

Hi all just wanted to do a post to let you know how things are since my little op, well I will say I was a nervous wreck, when I went in, if I had been put to sleep, I would of  been fine but knowing I was letting someone cut me while I just laid there my brain was screaming this is just all wrong.   I know drama queen you say, it was in fact pain free the injections to numb my hand was the worse bit. I was shaking like a leaf when they had finished and I was very embarrassed because I started crying when it was over just out of the sheer relief of the anticipation of it.  I felt so bad when they put me next to some poor women who was going in after me, not good move the look on her face, that just made me worse as I was trying so hard to control myself if just made me worse lol I was mortified I was such a wimp. Anyway once home and I had recovered myself lol my hand has healed nicely I had my stitches taken out yesterday worked myself up for that to, but was a doddle lol. So my  fingers are fine but my thumb is still sore and making it difficult to grip but I am sure it will get better I am having the left one done but not till after Christmas thank god lol. At least I know what to expect The next time.

Right so on to my card this is one I made before I had my hand done and it is for the new digi release from Karen Middleton and this little chap is so cute and is called little star 

I love this little gem, I used copics to colour and she was lovely to colour the backing paper is from Cuddly buddly and available here called A portfolio of papers Brown.  I mounted the digi paper onto brown core'dinations whitewash and then stitched around the edges with brown cotton in my sewing machineThe flowers I made with a scollop punch, inked the edges with walnut stain and then spritzed with gold glimmer mist and added a smaller punched flower in the middle in the brown pattern paper, I also added two smaller buds to either side of the big flower. I used a Marianne die for behind the image and a scollop spellbinder to cut out the image.


Bambi eat your heart out sooo cute so there you go I hope you likey will be back tomorrow with some cards I made for the recent stamp addicts show on saturday for there new fabby stamps










5 comments:

sarah-Jane said...

Your card is simply stunning. Fab colouring and I love all the embellishments. xx

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card with a SUPERCUTE image, great colouring and I love the flower! I'm glad that your hand is getting a bit better and hopefully it won't take to long till your fine again.
hugs, Marlies

Daniele said...

so glad your on the mend, and no you're not a whimp, nothing worse than being in hospital. Your card is amazing, the deer is soooooo cute
hugs

Vicky said...

Stunning Wendy...! what a sweet image and so beautifully coloured too..

So pleased your hand is on the mend sweetie...it's the fear of the un-known when you are in the Operating Theatre...I have lots of patients like yourself...I just put some music on, have a chat and by the end of the case they feel so much better..and calmer...lol...

hope the next Op is OK too and you will not be so nervous...and BLW...I would be like you :o)

take care and big hugs Vicky xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Absolutely beautiful, the image is so sweet and the colours are gorgeous and your attention to detail is amazing, fab design, Love it
Lindsay xx